How Do you get Nominated?
All nominees must have outstanding achievements or have contributed significantly to athletics in the Greater Flint Area.
- Typical nominees will have resumes which include the following types of recognition:
A. All State
B. All American
C. State Champions
E. Coaches - Exemplary Service - Coach
of the Year
- Excellence far above the ordinary in field of endeavor required.
- A nominee employed as a professional athlete in a team sport is not eligible for the G.F.A.S.H.O.F. unless they have been retired for three years.
- Anyone currently serving on the Board of Directors or the Selection Committee shall not be eligible for nomination or election to the G.F.A.S.H.O.F.
Distinguished Service Award
- Nominations must be made on official G.F.A.S.H.O.F. "Candidate Forms" that are available at the Genesys Athletic Club. The receptionist at the Genesys Athletic Club will have forms for individuals, special services or teams. Candidate Forms are also available on our website:
INDIVIDUAL NOMINATION | TEAM NOMINATION | SPECIAL SERVICE AWARD
- The Board of Directors selects an Honoree each year to receive the "Special Services Award."
Based on contributions made in community at large as well as in sports.
- Included but not restricted to organizations, counselors, sponsor donors, or members of the media.
- Leadership roles, program development.
- Each individual inducted into the G.F.A.S.H.O.F. will be honored with an appropriate plaque displayed at the Genesys Athletic Club.
Approved candidates are formally inducted at a banquet held each year at the Genesys Athletic Club.
- This is traditionally held the first Saturday in December of every year.
The Team Award
- The Board of Directors of the G.F.A.S.H.O.F. established the Team Award in 1992 to honor the contributions that members of teams have made to the athletic heritage of the community. Two teams are honored each year, one scholastic and one non-scholastic. Presently there are (19) scholastic teams and (14) non-scholastic teams in the G.F.A.S.H.F. These teams have a special room at the Genesys Athletic Club where visitors may view their information along with the individual and special services inductees